INVISALIGN DENTAL TREATMENT
Invisalign is a clear plastic alternative to uncomfortable, unsightly metal braces for straightening teeth. Using the invisalign system, a series of custom-designed clear, smooth plastic trays called aligners are worn and changed every two weeks. The invisalign trays are so comfortable and natural that users often forget they are wearing them at all!
ADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN OVER TRADITIONAL METAL BRACES
In addition to being invisible and more comfortable than traditional metal braces, invisalign treatment has other advantages:
- Invisalign trays may be removed for eating, drinking, flossing and brushing.
- The invisalign treatment snaps on easily and applies a controlled amount of force to the teeth, forcing them gently into alignment.
- Invisalign trays produce the same beautiful result as metal braces but without the general mouth pain and wires that stick out and poke delicate areas of the mouth.
- The invisalign system is easier to clean than metal braces. Because they are removable, they can be cleaned deeply.
- Invisalign treatment is worn for 20 to 22 hours each day.
Prior to starting the invisalign treatment, photographs are taken of the patient’s current dentition and then a 3D simulation is made that simulates how the appearance of the teeth will change after six or twelve months of wearing invisalign trays. This enables the patient to see just what can be achieved using the invisalign system and decide whether or not to proceed with the invisalign program.
Some individuals need to have special attachments fitted to control “difficult” teeth. These are tiny pieces of enamel that are shaped to support the aligner. While these attachments may make the invisalign system look more prominent, they are still difficult to detect.
The invisalign acceledent is a type of guide that is held in the hand and worn every day for 20 minutes. By gently vibrating, it can help the teeth move into their correct alignment faster and may, in some cases, reduce the invisalign dental treatment time by half. Perfectly aligned teeth can be achieved in as little as six months using invisalign treatment.
THE COST OF INVISALIGN DENTAL TREATMENT
The cost depends on the complexity of the individual patient. Invisalign is generally more expensive than conventional metal braces. Insurance companies will usually cover invisalign treatment to the same extent as they do traditional metal orthodontic braces.
If your teeth are not as straight as you think they could be, make an appointment with Dr Dental to see if the invisalign system is for you.