Work, school, vacation: We all lead busy lives and oral health may not always be top of mind. Thanks to modern technology though, there are many convenient alternatives to carrying your toothbrush and toothpaste everywhere you go.
The East Coast dental experts here at Dr. Dental are sharing 5 products to keep your oral health in check while on-the-go:
1. Disposable Toothbrushes. Colgate makes a product called Wisp. These disposable toothbrushes are small and individually wrapped, which makes them easy to place in a purse, pocket or your vehicle’s center console. Each one has a mini bead of gel that releases when you begin to brush. No water is needed to brush either!
2. Floss and Floss Picks. One of the best ways to ensure a healthy smile is to floss daily. Flossing helps to remove food and bacteria from in between teeth and around the gums and can be a great alternative to brushing while out and about. A quick trip to the restroom to floss after lunch can help prevent both decay and gum disease.
3. Brushing Wipes. Brushing wipes are disposable and less messy and awkward than a wet toothbrush and toothpaste. Brush and Go Wipes by Dentek are individually wrapped and have a waterless powder that cleans teeth and removes plaque.
4. Wine Wipes. Individually wrapped Wine Wipes by Borracha are a great product to take to your next party or wine tasting. Made with hydrogen peroxide and flavored with orange blossom, these help to remove the tint left on teeth by red wine. These wipes also clean teeth and help remove the acid in wine that can destroy teeth.
5. Rinse with Water. The last resort to getting cleaner teeth when a toothbrush is not available is to simply rinse well with water. This helps to remove some of the food particles and bacteria that may be sitting on your teeth.
There is no better way to keep teeth healthy than good oral care — including annual exams and cleanings by Dr. Dental. Schedule an appointment online with us today!
What are your favorite on-the-go products for cleaning your teeth?
Our family-owned dental offices are proud to bring affordable smiles to all ages at convenient locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Rhode Island.