Dental trouble affects much more than your teeth and gums – it can have a lasting effect on your overall health and well-being.
Luckily, Dr. Dental’s team of oral healthcare professionals knows exactly what to look for and how to get your oral health back on track.
5 Early Signs of Dental Trouble
- Cold or hot food sensitivity. Pain or discomfort to cold or hot foods may seem like a minor issue, but it is likely enamel erosion – the first step to developing cavities.
What to do: Make sure to brush your teeth regularly and schedule a dentist appointment.
- Bleeding gums. If your gums bleed easily, it could be a sign of early-stage periodontal disease. Bleeding is due to excessive bacteria in the mouth and inflammation of the gums.
What to do: Visit your dentist right away. The earlier you take action to address bleeding gums, the better.
- Excessive food lodging between teeth. That food lodged between your teeth is going somewhere – most likely into your cavities.
What to do: Go to your dentist for a dental cleaning and checkup to see how severe the cavities are.
- Mouth sores. Cold sores and canker sores typically indicate infection, disease, viruses, or other health problems. Some sores are the result of trauma.
What to do: Visit your dentist immediately if you are unsure of the sore’s source, or have had a sore for more than a few days.
- Bad breath. Bad breath can reveal a host of possible dental problems, from dry mouth, to gum disease, to other health issues.
What to do: Brush more often and use an antiseptic mouthwash at least twice per day. Sugarless gum can also help. Unlike other early signs of dental trouble, this one doesn’t just impact you. It affects everyone around you – so it’s best to take care of it sooner rather than later.
Visit Dr. Dental for All Your Dental Care Needs
Regular visits to Dr. Dental will help you detect early signs of dental trouble. Schedule an appointment today to ensure optimal oral health. And don’t forget to check out our exclusive deals and discounts – we’ll take care of your entire family!