If you’re one of the 45 million Americans without dental insurance, chances are that you have been avoiding dentist for a while. However, by putting your dental health on hold, you may be bearing with pain unnecessarily or risking the loss of your teeth in the future. Luckily, there are several ways to get dental treatments without insurance coverage.
- Take Part in Medical Studies –Universities and various organizations carry out clinical trials regularly to test new drugs or evaluate some. You can participate in one and get free dental care in return.
- Search for Online Coupons – You can check daily deal websites for coupons or deals offered by dentists. These will shave at most $50 off your dental bill.
- Check for a Discount Dental Plan – You can join a discount dental plan for an annual fee. Through one, you can get up to 60% discounts on dental costs as long as your dentist accepts it.
- Let a Dental Student Check Your Teeth – Dental students need to practice in order to graduate and get licensed. You can help them while getting your own pearly whites checked for a very low price.
- Pay in Advance – A study conducted in California shows that dentists can drop prices by 5% as long as you’re willing to pay in advance. So seek this small discount if you don’t need major work done.
- Barter Your Services – If you have a unique set of skills or offer a service of sorts, you can resort to bartering to reduce your dental costs. This method works best if your dentist owns their own practice and would require your services on the long run.
- Look for a Position with Dental Benefits – You can try job hunting for a position that comes with dental insurance or go for a part-time job that offers dental and health benefits. These may be hard to find, but you may stumble upon one if you’re experienced.
- Rely on Government Resources – There are many government initiatives which can help you get dental care for less. Two examples are the Health Resource and Services Administration (HRSA) and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Visit a Non-Profit – Many non-profit organizations provide free dental treatment. For example, you can take part in one of the events Dentistry From the Heart hosts or, if you’re in Arizona, Maryland, Texas or Pennsylvania, drop by Mission of Mercy.
- Resort to a Dental Payment Plan – Ask your dentist if they offer a third-party dental payment plan. Keep in mind that your credit history should be great if you want to qualify for financing.
While all methods are bound to reduce the cost of your dental treatments, some can put your pearly whites and overall health at risk. For instance, by opting for clinical trials or dental students, you can end up in a worse mess.
Because we care about you, Dr. Dental provides different modes of payments aside from dental insurance. So visit our Payments page and decide which of the methods listed you’d choose to pay for our affordable yet high quality dental care.